Apply for a secondary school place
Owing to the current exceptional circumstances, there is very limited telephone access to the Pupil Services Team. For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
National Offer Day Monday 2 March 2020
If you applied online you will be emailed the outcome of your application on the evening of Monday 2 March 2020 from the London eAdmissions Team. You will also be sent a follow-up notification email from Wandsworth Council if it has not been possible to offer your first preference school. This will provide detailed information about the outcome of your application and what to do next.
If you applied on a paper form you will be sent an outcome letter by first class mail on Monday 2 March 2020.
- Read guidance on what to do after receiving the outcome of your application
- Read our frequently asked questions about 2020 outcomes
- How places were offered for September 2020
- Schools with vacancies or short waiting lists
- Additional Preferences Form
How to apply
The closing date for applications (31 October 2019) has now passed. If your child is in year 6 at primary school and you have not already made an application you should do so now.
- Read the Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School booklet for full information about the admissions process
- Read our information leaflet for key dates and information meetings
- Read the 2020/21 admissions criteria for each school
- Read admissions statistics, to understand how places were allocated in previous years
- Find out about the Year 6 admissions test and the specialist aptitude test
If your application is unsuccessful you can check your position on the secondary school waiting list.
Independent schools are privately funded schools that normally require the payment of fees to attend. There are a variety of independent schools in Wandsworth or within easy reach of the borough.
Our Choose an Independent School brochure contains information about local independent secondary schools. All the schools included within this brochure offer bursaries or scholarships to assist with fees in certain circumstances.
A paper copy of the brochure can be obtained by contacting Pupil Services.
if you disagree with the outcome of your application you can make an appeal.
School Admissions contact details:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8871 7316