School admissions appeals
If your child has been refused a place at one of your preferred schools, you have a legal right to appeal against this decision to an Independent Appeal Panel.
The Wandsworth Appeals Service is responsible for arranging appeal panels for all of Wandsworth's community primary and secondary schools and some of the borough's academies, voluntary-aided and foundation schools.
Schools we manage appeals for
We manage appeals for the schools listed below.
Wandsworth schools not included in these lists are responsible for their own appeals. You should contact these schools directly for further information about their appeals process.
- Albemarle Primary School
- Alderbrook Primary School
- Allfarthing Primary School
- All Saints CE Primary School
- Beatrix Potter Primary School
- Belleville School
- Belleville Wix Academy
- Brandlehow Primary School
- Chesterton Primary School
- Churchfields Primary School (Beckenham)
- Earlsfield Primary School
- Falconbrook Primary School
- Fircroft Primary School
- Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
- Franciscan Primary School
- Furzedown Primary School
- Gatton Primary School
- Granard Primary School
- Heathmere Primary School
- Hillbrook Primary School
- Holy Ghost RC Primary School
- Honeywell Infant School
- Honeywell Junior School
- Hotham Primary School
- John Burns Primary School
- Our Lady Queen of Heaven RC Primary School
- Penwortham Primary School
- Riversdale Primary School
- Ronald Ross Primary School
- Sacred Heart (Battersea) RC Primary School
- Sacred Heart (Roehampton) RC Primary School
- St. Anne's CE Primary School
- St. Anselm's RC Primary School
- St. Boniface RC Primary School
- St. Faith's CE Primary School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary and Nursery School
- St. Mary's (Putney) CE Primary School
- St. Mary's (Battersea) RC Primary School
- St. Michael's CE Primary School
- Sellincourt Primary School
- Shaftesbury Park Primary School
- Sheringdale Primary School
- Smallwood Primary School
- Southmead Primary School
- Swaffield Primary School
- The Alton Primary School
- Tooting Primary School Primary School
- West Hill Primary School
- Ashcroft Technology Academy
- Burntwood School
- Chestnut Grove Academy
- Graveney School
- St. John Bosco College
When to make an appeal
There is a set timetable for applications and appeals relating to 'standard rounds' which are:
- Initial entry to Reception
- Entry to Year 3 for junior schools
- Entry for Year 7 for secondary schools (secondary transfer), for the following academic year
Check the appeals timetable to find out key dates in the standard round appeals process.
In-year applications are for places in a current academic year. These can be made when a family move into a new area, or a parent/carer wants their child to change to a different local school. In-year applications are made throughout the year and their appeals are also made and heard throughout the year, once you have been informed that an offer cannot be made at a school you applied for.
How to make an appeal
You can also read a separate troubleshooting guide to the appeals portal.
The form will require you to upload several documents to support your application.
Please note that the size of each document must not exceed 1MB. Please check the size of documents (particularly scans) before you attach them.
Failure to do so could result in your application not going through correctly, and the process being delayed.
What happens next
When you have completed and submitted the form, arrangements will then be made for your appeal to be heard by an appeal panel that is independent of the Council and the school involved.
There is currently very limited telephone access to the Wandsworth Appeals Service. For any queries, please email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Telephone: 020 8871 7554
- Email: email@example.com