Book a ceremony
Your booking is subject to our terms and conditions and cancellation policy.
Your ceremony booking
Your marriage or civil partnership ceremony booking is provisional until such time as you have given your notices and completed the legal preliminaries.
If you have booked The Mayor’s Parlour or The Grand Chamber online you should await confirmation from us that the room is available on your chosen day, before finalising your arrangements. We will confirm within two working days of your online booking.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £50 is required at the time of booking. This will be redeemed against the certificate fee.
- Any outstanding balance is due no later than 2 months before the ceremony. If your booking is within 2 months the full fee is payable at the time of booking.
- Any changes to your booking will incur an administrative fee.
- The Register Office reserves the right to cancel a ceremony if payment has not been received.
Fees valid from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. Fees increase on 1 April each year.
|The Elizabeth Room||8||Monday (Simple ceremony - Couple plus two witnesses only) £53
Tuesday to Friday £117
|The Victoria Room||25||£189||£208||n/a|
|The Alexandra Room||35||£219||£278||n/a|
|The Grand Chamber||80||£406||£535||£609|
|The Mayor's Parlour||6||n/a||£444||£561|
All room capacities are subject to change.
You may order as many certificates as you wish. These will be produced and sent out to you within seven days of the office receiving the completed marriage paperwork.
- £11 per certificate (statutory fee) plus
- £25 per ceremony amendment fee
- £2.90 1st class signed for delivery or £7.75 Royal Mail Special Delivery