Apply for a primary school place
How to apply
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, you can apply for a primary school reception year place for September 2020 from 1 September 2019.
Your application form and any supplementary forms must be received by Wednesday January 15 2020.
- Read the Choose a Wandsworth Primary School booklet for full information about the admissions process
- Read the 2020/21 admission criteria for each school
- Read our frequently asked questions about 2019 outcomes
- Read admissions statistics, to understand how places were allocated in previous years
- Attend open days and evenings for more information about your chosen schools
- Consider whether deferred entry or delayed admission to reception may be appropriate for your child
If you live outside of Wandsworth, you should apply through your home borough.
When you will hear the outcome: National Offer Day
If you apply online you will be emailed the outcome of your application on the evening of 16 April 2020 from the London eAdmissions Team. You will also be sent a follow-up notification email from Wandsworth Council if it was not possible to offer your first preference school. This will provide detailed information about the outcome of your application and what do next.
If you apply on a paper form, you will be sent an outcome letter by first class mail on Thursday 16 April 2019.
Read guidance on what to do after receiving the outcome of your application.
If your application is unsuccessful, you can check your position on the primary school waiting list.
if you disagree with the outcome of your application you can make an appeal.
School Admissions contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 8871 7316