Alton Area Regeneration
We aim to help integrate the estate with the wider neighbourhood, enabling:
- residents to share in the prosperity of where they live through new and improved homes
- employment and training opportunities
- new shops and community services, and
- safer, better-designed streets and open spaces, while conserving the estate's heritage assets.
Our housing commitments to residents
All council homes proposed to be demolished are being reprovided, with a newly-built home for all council tenants and additional social housing to be built.
If you are a council tenant of a property to be demolished, you will remain a secure tenant and retain your Right to Buy and be offered a newly-built home on the estate with no change in tenancy conditions.
Shared equity is offered for owner-occupiers, to maintain existing communities, as well as refurbished sheltered accommodation, with the works paid for by building properties for sale.
If you are an owner-occupier you will be offered a newly-built home through shared equity.
Christmas Lantern Parade
Date: Wednesday 12 December 2018
Location: Alton Green (outside Roehampton Library)
Time: 4 to 6pm
Join us to celebrate the holidays with a Christmas lantern festival, bought to you by children from Roehampton schools and performances by local groups. If you have any questions or require assistance getting to and from the event, please email William Owen or call 020 8871 8157.
For further information, view our Christmas Lantern flyer.
The redevelopment will be phased so that residents will not need to move until their new home is built.
Read the tenants' and leaseholders and freeholders' offer documents for more information.
Alton area regeneration
- Early moves for council tenants
- Leaseholders and freeholders
- The masterplan
- Alton Conservation Area
- Next steps
- Aspirations programme
- Roehampton Partnership
- Alton Area newsletters
- Sign up to e-newsletter
- Consultation and engagement
- Sales analysis and housing market review, reports from Knight Frank
- Steering Group meeting summaries