How to challenge a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Informal representations
- Parking contraventions
- Bus lane contraventions
- Moving traffic contraventions
- Static parking contraventions
- Your challenge
Moving traffic contraventions
Formal representations for moving traffic contraventions can only be made by the registered keeper of the vehicle upon receipt of a PCN.
The formal representation must be made within 28 days and can only be made on the following grounds:
- I was not the owner of the vehicle at the material time
- There was no contravention of an order or failure to comply with an order or failure to comply with an indication on a sign
- The vehicle was being used without my consent
- We are a hire firm and the person hiring the vehicle had signed a statement accepting liability
- The Penalty Charge exceeded the amount applicable in the circumstances of the case
An informal representation cannot be made against a moving traffic contravention.
About moving traffic contravention
A PCN issued for a moving traffic contravention is issued by virtue of the London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003.