Winstanley and York Road news
Regeneration Site office closed until further notice
Regeneration Site office will be closed from Monday 16 March 2020 until further notice, if you need to
contact a member of the team please contact us by:
- Phone: 020 8871 6802
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New homes for Winstanley and York Road approved
Wandsworth Council’s planning committee resolved to approve plans for 2,550 homes, 35 per cent of them affordable, plus a range of community facilities on the Winstanley and York Road Estates.
Read more about the approved plans for 2,550 homes.
Grant Road utility works
Grant Road utility works, disruptions to local traffic on and near Grant Road from Friday 25 October to Sunday 10 November 2019, including weekends. The works were required to install utility services to the new school, church and homes in Phase 0. View more information about the utility works.
Re-consultation on hybrid planning application
The re-consultation on the hybrid planning application for the masterplan went live. It provides updated information on the application as below:
- Amended drawings to show revisions to Block 5 to reduce the northern extent of the building
- Amended Maximum Height Parameter Plan to refine the permitted height limits to Outline Plots 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14
- Provision of revised supporting documentation and drawings to reflect the design and parameter changes proposed
- Provision of an Environmental Statement Addendum to provide updates in relation to the proposed scheme changes and to reflect more detailed transport modelling data
- A reduction to the maximum amount of retail floorspace.
View the planning newsletter
Full details of the application, environmental statement, plans and other documents submitted with the application are available to view online using Search planning applications and by entering the reference number: 2019/0024.
Consultation on hybrid planning application
The Planning application (2019/0024) went live in January 2019 and provided:
- Up to 2,550 new homes
- 35% Affordable Housing (including reprovision of existing social rent units)
- A new 2.49 Hectare York Gardens Park
- A new Leisure & Community Centre
- Flexible commercial floorspace
Midgard procured as Main Contractor for Phase 0
Midgard procured as the main contractor for phase 0 of the project. Work to start on site in December 2018. View the boards from the phase 0 update exhibition in October, and the phase 0 update newsletter.
Regeneration update exhibition
Design development consultation
The public consultation showing the latest design developments on key elements of the regeneration plans took place in February 2018. We welcome your thoughts and views to help us with further development of the scheme.
Planning Application for Phase 0 (land north of Grant Road)
Planning application for the land north of Grant Road (the first phase of development) has been submitted.
JV Partner appointment
Taylor Wimpey appointedas the preferred bidder to work with the Council to regenerate the Winstanley and York Road estates.