Winstanley and York Road news
Latest news - April 2021
The latest newsletter contains updates on the regeneration scheme as well as information or what has been happening in the local area.
View the latest newsletter
Phase 1 - Enablement Works on York Gardens. The first works of phase 1 are due to commence February 2021.
View the latest construction leaflet
York Gardens Construction
The first phase of the Regeneration scheme construction is due to commence on site at the beginning of 2021.
Notice of intention to appropriate and dispose of open space land at York Gardens
Consultation: Closed Draft Local Lettings Plan for Winstanley and York Road Development
Secure tenants have been hand delivered the latest development phasing plan and the draft local lettings plan for the Winstanley and York Road Regeneration scheme. The phasing plan has been updated from the one which was issued in July 2018. Under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 the Council has a legal obligation to consult with our secure tenants on matters of housing management which are likely to substantially affect them. The draft local lettings plan provides information regarding how priority is determined between applicants in the allocation of the new accommodation.
There are three key changes in the updated development phasing plan,and they are:
- Due to timing of the planning process the scheme is anticipated to start on site next year with Block 5 delivering the first new homes on site
- There has been some delay with the proposed offsites at Shuttleworth Road and Gideon Road which are now due to deliver new homes for the residents of Pennethorne House in Autumn 2021
- Due to the timings of the planning application delays and the offsites, blocks 6 and 7 are now planned to deliver in similar time frames, at the end of 2024. This brings forward the delivery of block 7 for the residents of Arthur Newton and Holcroft Houses’
If you are a secure tenant and have any comments regarding the draft local lettings plan, send them to the Council:
- In the enclosed return envelope provided in the recent delivery pack or
- Contact your case officer as indicated on your letter:
- By telephone: 020 8871 6802
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the consultation is Monday 31 August 2020. All comments received by this date will be considered by the Council before the Local Lettings Plan is finalised.
If you have any other queries regarding the redevelopment scheme please contact your case officer on the details above.
Due to COVID-19, the Regeneration office is currently closed however the email box and the answerphone service is monitored multiple times a day and your case officer will get back to you. If you wish to write to us, we have provided a return envelope for this purpose. Due to postal delay and out of office working please note this may result in a slower response time from the team. All comments on the draft local lettings plan, and non-resident specific questions will be anonymised, written up and made available on the Winstanley and York Road regeneration council website pages for information after the consultation closes.
The Next Phase
The first phase of the Regeneration scheme construction is due to commence on site at the beginning of 2021. View The Next Phase leaflet.
Regeneration Site office closed until further notice
Regeneration Site office will be closed from Monday 16 March 2020 until further notice, if you need to contact a member of the team please contact us by:
- Phone: 020 8871 6802
- Email: email@example.com
To view older news relating to the Winstanley and York Road regeneration, visit our news archive.