Winstanley and York Road news
Consultation: Draft Local Lettings Plan for Winstanley and York Road Development
Secure tenants have been hand delivered the latest development phasing plan and the draft local lettings plan for the Winstanley and York Road Regeneration scheme. The phasing plan has been updated from the one which was issued in July 2018. Under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 the Council has a legal obligation to consult with our secure tenants on matters of housing management which are likely to substantially affect them. The draft local lettings plan provides information regarding how priority is determined between applicants in the allocation of the new accommodation.
There are three key changes in the updated development phasing plan,and they are:
- Due to timing of the planning process the scheme is anticipated to start on site next year with Block 5 delivering the first new homes on site
- There has been some delay with the proposed offsites at Shuttleworth Road and Gideon Road which are now due to deliver new homes for the residents of Pennethorne House in Autumn 2021
- Due to the timings of the planning application delays and the offsites, blocks 6 and 7 are now planned to deliver in similar time frames, at the end of 2024. This brings forward the delivery of block 7 for the residents of Arthur Newton and Holcroft Houses’
If you are a secure tenant and have any comments regarding the draft local lettings plan, send them to the Council:
- In the enclosed return envelope provided in the recent delivery pack or
- Contact your case officer as indicated on your letter:
- By telephone: 020 8871 6802
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the consultation is Monday 31 August 2020. All comments received by this date will be considered by the Council before the Local Lettings Plan is finalised.
If you have any other queries regarding the redevelopment scheme please contact your case officer on the details above.
Due to COVID-19, the Regeneration office is currently closed however the email box and the answerphone service is monitored multiple times a day and your case officer will get back to you. If you wish to write to us, we have provided a return envelope for this purpose. Due to postal delay and out of office working please note this may result in a slower response time from the team. All comments on the draft local lettings plan, and non-resident specific questions will be anonymised, written up and made available on the Winstanley and York Road regeneration council website pages for information after the consultation closes.
The Next Phase
The first phase of the Regeneration scheme construction is due to commence on site at the beginning of 2021. View The Next Phase leaflet.
Regeneration Site office closed until further notice
Regeneration Site office will be closed from Monday 16 March 2020 until further notice, if you need to contact a member of the team please contact us by:
- Phone: 020 8871 6802
- Email: email@example.com
New homes for Winstanley and York Road approved
Wandsworth Council’s planning committee resolved to approve plans for 2,550 homes, 35 per cent of them affordable, plus a range of community facilities on the Winstanley and York Road Estates.
Read more about the approved plans for 2,550 homes.
Grant Road utility works
Grant Road utility works, disruptions to local traffic on and near Grant Road from Friday 25 October to Sunday 10 November 2019, including weekends. The works were required to install utility services to the new school, church and homes in Phase 0. View more information about the utility works.
Re-consultation on hybrid planning application
The re-consultation on the hybrid planning application for the masterplan went live. It provides updated information on the application as below:
- Amended drawings to show revisions to Block 5 to reduce the northern extent of the building
- Amended Maximum Height Parameter Plan to refine the permitted height limits to Outline Plots 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14
- Provision of revised supporting documentation and drawings to reflect the design and parameter changes proposed
- Provision of an Environmental Statement Addendum to provide updates in relation to the proposed scheme changes and to reflect more detailed transport modelling data
- A reduction to the maximum amount of retail floorspace.
View the planning newsletter
Full details of the application, environmental statement, plans and other documents submitted with the application are available to view online using Search planning applications and by entering the reference number: 2019/0024.
Consultation on hybrid planning application
The Planning application (2019/0024) went live in January 2019 and provided:
- Up to 2,550 new homes
- 35% Affordable Housing (including reprovision of existing social rent units)
- A new 2.49 Hectare York Gardens Park
- A new Leisure & Community Centre
- Flexible commercial floorspace
Midgard procured as Main Contractor for Phase 0
Midgard procured as the main contractor for phase 0 of the project. Work to start on site in December 2018. View the boards from the phase 0 update exhibition in October, and the phase 0 update newsletter.
Regeneration update exhibition
Design development consultation
The public consultation showing the latest design developments on key elements of the regeneration plans took place in February 2018. We welcome your thoughts and views to help us with further development of the scheme.
Planning Application for Phase 0 (land north of Grant Road)
Planning application for the land north of Grant Road (the first phase of development) has been submitted.
JV Partner appointment
Taylor Wimpey appointedas the preferred bidder to work with the Council to regenerate the Winstanley and York Road estates.