Winstanley and York Road news and events
The Planning application is now live
Planning application now live.
- Up to 2,550 new homes
- 35% Affordable Housing (including reprovision of existing social rent units)
- A new 2.49 Hectare York Gardens Park
- A new Leisure & Community Centre
- Flexible commercial floorspace
For the latest news on the project please sign up to the newsletter.
Assemble & Join - now open
A new community-based micro-manufacturing workshop, Assemble & Join, is open at 20 Lavender Road, London SW11 2UG.
If you’re a local resident, business, school or community group, you can book a workshop for free through the Assemble & Join website. You can learn basic carpentry and make items such as a bird box, a street sign, a table tennis bat or a planter for the local area.
- The Get Active Battersea Festival 2019 will again be held in York Gardens on Saturday 13 July 2019, with the Winstanley and York Road Joint Venture team presenting an exciting event for all local residents to enjoy.
- Midgard procured as the main contractor for phase 0 of the project. Work to start on site in December 2018. View the boards from the phase 0 update exhibition in October, and the phase 0 update newsletter.
- View the boards from the June Regeneration Update Exhibition. We welcome your thoughts and views to help us with further development.
- The site office at 10 Lavender Road is now open following refurbishment. Drop in to see us 9.30am to 12pm and 2 to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday each week.
- The site office at 10 Lavender Road will reopen following refurbishment on Tuesday 29 May at 9.30am. In the meantime, please contact us by telephone or email.
- The project office at 10 Lavender Road will be closed for refurbishment between 2 March and 20 May. The team will be available in York Gardens Library for drop-in sessions from 6 March to 17 May.
- The public consultation showing the latest design developments on key elements of the regeneration plans took place in February 2018. We welcome your thoughts and views to help us with further development of the scheme.
- Planning application for the land north of Grant Road (the first phase of development) has been submitted - comment by 26 February 2018 using reference 2017/6864.
- Taylor Wimpey appointed as the preferred bidder to work with us to regenerate the Winstanley and York Road estates.