Voluntary early moves for Winstanley and York Road tenants
All tenants have the option to request to move into existing housing stock sooner than their new build property.
We recognise that some residents may not wish to wait for new homes in the regenerated estate but would prefer to moveearlier. If you do choose to moveearlier, this would be voluntary and you would either be relocated within our existing housing stock in an area within the borough of your choice or, if you wanted to, to that of another social landlord within Wandsworth.
Any new home will be on the same social rent basis as your current one unless you choose to move to a property owned by a housing association. If you move to a larger property your rent will increase on a comparable basis.
If you do decide to move before your scheduled demolition phase you will be offered the same Home Loss and Disturbance Payments as all other residents (as detailed in the Tenant’s Offer Booklet of October 2014).
All existing tenancies will be eligible for the following:
- £6,400 Home Loss Compensation (minus any monies owed to the Council)
- Reimbursement of removal costs (unless the Regeneration Team arranges the removals on your behalf)
- Disconnection and reconnection of services
- Disconnection and reconnection of appliances, including movable fixtures and fittings, for example light fittings
- New window dressings (for example curtains/blinds up to an agreed value) if your existing dressings cannot be used
- Redirection of mail (up to a nominated date)
- Incidental administrative costs incurred by change of home – change of driving licence, etc.
- Other reasonable expenses, to be considered by the Regeneration Team in line with Compulsory Purchase Order compensation code
If you turn down an early move offer of accommodation this will not affect your entitlement to a new home in the regeneration area.
However, if you accept the offer of a move, and associated compensation and disturbance payments, you will not be offered new-build accommodation in the regeneration scheme and you will forfeit the right to return to the regenerated area.
If you would like to move early
If you do wish to consider moving early, please fill in the Housing Application form and the medical form, and hand both forms in to us directly at our site office.
See instructions on how to complete the Housing Application form.
Winstanley York Road office
10 Lavender Road,
When you hand in the forms you will be required to provide the passports or birth certificates for everyone in the household.
If you do wish to move early but do not have access to a printer please contact us and we will send you an application form and help you explore your options.
Early moves are prioritised by phasing order, view our timeline for development to find out when your block is due to be demolished.