Disabled Persons Freedom Pass
Renewing your pass
If you were first issued your pass in 2015, you must take action to renew it. If you do not respond to your renewal letter, your pass will be deactivated on 6 January 2020.
Find out if you are eligible for a pass (London Councils website).
How to apply
1. Complete the application form
A Disabled Person's Freedom Pass is issued following an assessment of eligibility using information supplied in the application form.
Equalities Act 2010: should you require a reasonable adjustment or assistance to complete an application for a disabled persons freedom pass, please contact 0208 871 8871.
Download the application form.
(Application form and information leaflet, which includes a map of where the Disabled Freedom Pass can be used)
2. Provide two proofs of identity
When you apply you must also include:
One proof of your name and age. We will accept:
- Pink driving licence (paper or photo card)
- Birth certificate if it shows your current name
- Current passport
- Medical card
One proof of your current address. We will accept:
- Current Council Tax payments book, bill or letter
- Current Council/housing association rent book, statement or letter- (last twelve months)
- Current TV licence
- Recent (last three months) residential utility bill: for example gas,electricity, or water bill (not a mobile phone statement)
- Recent bank, building society or credit card statement (last three months)
- Recent Benefits Agency letter (last three months)
3. Provide two passport size photographs
It is important to print your name on the back of each photograph. (We will return your photographs if your application is unsuccessful).
If you were first issued your Disabled Person’s Freedom pass in 2015, it is now due for reassessment. Pass holders have their eligibility for the scheme reassessed every 5 years, regardless of the expiry date written on the front of the pass.
Renewal letters were sent out in July 2019, and since then we have sent out further reminder letters for those who have not yet responded. If you have not responded to these letters your pass will be deactivated on 6 January 2020, and you will be required to pay for any future travel.
If you did respond by re-applying for your pass and have not received any further reminder letters, your renewed Disabled Person's Freedom Pass will be posted to your home address between February and March 2020.
If you did not receive a letter please contact the supported travel team urgently on 0208 871 8239/8239.