Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
How to apply or renew
You can apply for a Blue Badge online or fill out an application form.
This process applies to new applications and renewals.
You will need:
- Proof of identification
- National Insurance number
- Details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- To upload a photo of yourself (if applying online)
- To attach a signed photo (if applying by application form)
- Proof of residency
- Driving licence number (if you have one)
- Please read the Blue Badge guidance notes and checklist
Equalities Act 2010: should you require a reasonable adjustment or assistance to complete an application for a Blue Badge, please contact 0208 871 8871.
Online at GOV.UK
In person and by post
You can post or hand deliver an application form.
- Download an application form
- Call 020 8871 8871 to request an application form to be sent to you.
- Collect a form from the Customer Centre.
Send completed applications to:
Supported Travel Team
PO Box 519
Alternatively, you can hand deliver it to the Customer Centre.
After you apply
Once a Blue Badge application is approved, the Blue Badge will be produced by a central agency, and posted directly to the badge holder's home address. You can expect to receive the Blue Badge approximately 10 working days after the application is approved.
If you are turned down for the scheme, you have a right to appeal.
In a stage one appeal you are invited to provide further medical evidence and an appeal statement to explain why you believe yourself to be eligible for the scheme.
If you are unsuccessful at stage one appeal, the refusal letter will offer you the option to progress your appeal in writing to the Assistant Director of Resources, if you feel any issues remain that were not addressed at the stage one appeal.
If you have any questions about Blue Badges, use our online form to Make a parking enquiry.