Apply for a disabled bay

To be eligible for a disabled bay on the highway, you must hold a valid disabled blue badge, keep a vehicle at your address and experience difficulties parking near your home.

Your vehicle registration document (V5C) must show that your vehicle is registered to your home address. If your vehicle is supplied by 'Motability' provide a copy of the Motability lease agreement. A disabled parking bay cannot be provided for the vehicle of someone who visits you.

We cannot approve a disabled bay on the highway if you have your own off street parking place or access to a parking space on housing estate land.

How to apply

Complete and return the disabled bay application form to:

Wandsworth Council
Environment and Community Services Department
2nd Floor Civic Centre
44 York Street

You should ensure that:

  • Your application form is signed and stamped by your doctor
  • You enclose copies of your vehicle registration document (V5C) or signed agreement from 'Motability'
  • You provide a photocopy of both sides of your blue badge.

What happens next

Once we receive the application, your details will be checked to confirm eligibility and we will undertake parking surveys in your road. If the surveys show that you regularly experience difficulty parking close to you property, then a bay will normally be provided. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 28 days.

Application advice

For advice on the application process, email: