Order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate
You can order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate online or by writing to us.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Full name of bride(s)
- Full name of groom(s)
- Date of marriage
- Place of marriage
You can order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate by submitting our online form.
Order by post
Complete the application form to order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate by post.
- Download order a marriage certificate application form
- Download order a civil partnership certificate application form
If you order your certificate by post, you should send the:
- Completed application form
- Your payment by cheque or postal order payable to 'Wandsworth Borough Council'
Wandsworth Register Office
Wandsworth High Street
- £11 (standard service – produced within 15 working days)
- £35 (24 hour priority service – only available by applying in person at the Registrar's office)
Once produced your order will be despatched by the following methods:
- £2.90 (Signed For – 1st Class post)*
- £7.75 (Special Delivery Guaranteed/Overseas)*
The special delivery option is advised. The Register Office and Wandsworth Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for certificates posted. If they do not arrive, you will be required to apply and pay the fees again.
*Please ensure that there is someone at the address who can take delivery of your certificate as it must be signed for. Overseas postage must be paid for certificates sent outside the UK.
Civil partnership outside of Wandsworth
If the civil partnership was not in Wandsworth, you can:
- Apply to the register office where the civil partnership took place
- Apply to the General Register Office
If you are missing some details
All records of civil partnerships which took place in England and Wales will be held at the General Register Office (GRO). The GRO is able to carry out a much wider search in cases where details are not known. You can order a certificate online or at 0300 123 1837.