Draft Local Plan: Pre-Publication version
The Council has produced a first draft of the new Local Plan, which is known as the ‘Pre-Publication’ version. The Local Plan sets out the Council’s strategic vision and objectives to guide the next 15 years of development in the borough, alongside the preferred policies and site allocations to achieve this. It will shape how Wandsworth develops for everyone who lives in, works in and visits our borough.
This draft has been informed by the responses we received on the borough's ‘Issues document’, and by the findings of our updated evidence base, which is published below. It forms the second stage of the full review of the borough's Local Plan.
It is important that the Local Plan reflects the needs of the whole community. We held a public consultation on the ‘Pre-Publication’ Draft Local Plan from 4 January 2021 to 1 March 2021, which was supported by targeted engagement with seldom heard groups. The Planning Policy Team will now analyse and consider all of the responses received as part of this consultation. These will be used to inform the next draft of the Local Plan, commonly known as the ‘Publication’ version. This document will also be made available for consultation, likely to be in the autumn of 2021. Officer responses to the consultation submissions will also be published at this time.
- ‘Pre-Publication’ Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) (November 2020)
- Sustainability Appraisal for Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) (November 2020)
- Policies Map Changes Document (November 2020)
- Erratum (January 2021)
In addition to the three documents that are being consulted on, there are a number of other legal and background documents that support the draft Local Plan:
- Equality Impact and Needs Analysis (November 2020)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (November 2020)
- Health Impact Assessment (November 2020)
- Issues Document Consultation Statement (November 2020)
The Draft Local Plan places a greater emphasis on place making and includes a number of place-specific Area Strategies. To accompany the more detailed Plan, we have produced separate summaries for each following areas:
- Wandsworth Town
- Nine Elms
- Clapham Junction and York Road/Winstanley Regeneration Area
- Roehampton Regeneration Area
We have produced an interactive map which shows the draft policy designations spatially. In this map, you can toggle various layers on and off by checking the boxes in the legend on the left hand side of the screen. Clicking on the map itself will tell you which draft policies apply in that location.
The ‘Pre-Publication’ Draft Local Plan is informed by a number of evidence base documents, as follows:
- Employment Land and Premises Study (October 2020)
- Flood Risk and Development Sequential Test (December 2020)
- Gypsies and Travellers Accommodation Needs Assessment (April 2019)
- Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (Draft, January 2021)
- Local Housing Needs Assessment (December 2020) - Please note, this Local Housing Needs Assessment uses a needs figure based on a standard method adopted in 2018, which is 2,537. Since the publication of the revised standard method on 16 December 2020, the local housing needs figure is 3,425.
- Open Space Study (Draft, January 2021)
- Retail Needs Assessment (June 2020)
- Level 1 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (November 2020)
- Level 2 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (December 2020)
- Urban Design Study (Draft, December 2020)
- Waste Technical Study (July 2020)
These documents and their further detailed appendices, alongside older studies, can also be viewed in our dedicated evidence base. Documents that are marked as draft will be finalised to account for updated information and for comments raised during this consultation, and the finalised versions will be published at the next consultation stage of the full review.
Environment and Community Services
Wandsworth High Street