Solar Together Wandsworth
The Council has declared a Climate Emergency, working towards becoming carbon neutral by 2030. We also want to support our residents to minimise their environmental impact, reducing their own carbon footprint and helping the UK achieve our net-zero 2050 target.
About Solar Together
One way of doing this is by generating your own clean energy. Solar panels can save you money on your electricity bills and power your home with clean energy. We are working alongside the Greater London Authority to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible for Wandsworth residents.
Solar Together is an innovative scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings households across London together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price. You are helped through the process and informed at every stage. If you already have solar panels installed, you can still benefit from the scheme by registering to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels.
You can register your interest on the Solar Together Wandsworth website.
How does it work?
- Registration: You can register before Tuesday 15 March 2022 for free and without obligation on Solar Together Wandsworth website. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation
- Auction: An auction will be held on Tuesday 15 March 2022 where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household
- Personal recommendation: From Monday 4 April 2022 you will be emailed your personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system
- You decide: The decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until Friday 13 May 2022 to decide and will be invited to an information session
- Installation: If you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of October 2022
Find out more
For more information about likely costs, the amount of energy you can expect to generate, and lots more, visit Solar Together Wandsworth where you can register for the scheme and get in touch with our helpdesk.