About the Wandsworth Grant Fund
Established in April 2015, the Wandsworth Grant Fund (WGF) provides all small grants (£500 to £10,000) for community and voluntary sector organisations in the borough to undertake activities for up to 12 months. Read more about the design of The Wandsworth Grant Fund.
What we support
We aim to support projects under six themes:
- Arts and culture
- Environment and attractive neighbourhoods
- Children and young people
- Citizenship and civic engagement
- Achieving aspirations and potential
- Health and wellbeing
Dates for applications
There are three application deadlines during the year, with awards being announced around three months later. Projects should not begin before awards are announced and can last for up to 12 months.
|Round||Application deadline (23:59 of the date)||Grant Sub-committee||Awards announced||Project period|
|Round 11||8 April 2019||19 June 2019||25 June 2019||July 2019 – July 2020|
|Round 12||12 August 2019||4 November 2019||19 November 2019||December 2019 – December 2020|
|Round 13||25 November 2019||3 February 2020||11 February 2020||March 2020 – March 2021|
Guidance notes and application form
The guidance notes provide you with details of the fund, particularly updates of what we will fund and what we will not. The latter part provides advice question by question of the application form.
View the application form.
Support for applicants
Council Officers are available to provide advice to applicants with a clear activity in mind after you have read the application pack. You can email any of the Specialist Officers detailed in the guidance notes or contact the Grant Officer with general enquiries. Appointments can be made with the Grant Officer subject to other commitments.
Two types of events are offered to provide applicants with information and advice about the Fund:
- Meet the Funder, which are general open meetings
- Application Surgeries, which give an opportunity for a one-to-one with one of the assessing officers
Meet the Funder events
To register your interest for one of these events, please email email@example.com
33-35 Danebury Avenue,
|Thursday 24 October 2019||10am to 12.30pm|
Balham Community Centre
|Wednesday 30 October 2019||2 to 4pm|
2 Holman Road,
|Thursday 7 November 2019||5.30 to 7pm|
About the Roehampton Base event
Information about Wandsworth Local Fund and being joined by officer from the Big Lottery. Come along if you have ideas for projects which might require more than £10,000 or for capital works for example buildings, playgrounds or community sports facilities.
Application Surgeries (1:1s) with Assessment team
Booking is required for these, each booking providing you with 30 minutes to discuss your project and application with one of the assessment team. Please only book one appointment in the theme you think your project mainly fits.
- Round 13 Surgeries: 12 November and 14 November, Wandsworth Town Hall
30 minute long appointments are available at: 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm and 4pm.
If you have a question regarding applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wandsworth Grant Fund resources
- Resources to help you fill out an application
- Resources for WGF recipients
- Approved Round 1 projects
- Approved Round 2 projects
- Approved Round 3 projects
- Approved Round 4 projects
- Approved Round 5 projects
- Approved Round 6 projects
- Approved Round 7 projects
- Approved Round 8 projects
- Approved Round 9 projects
- Approved Round 10 projects
- Emergency Grant Process
- Other funding opportunities
Sign up for our newsletters
Keep up to date with the latest news from the Council. Sign up to our newsletters now.