Other funding opportunities for voluntary and community organisations
Funding for Wandsworth projects
Available funds for Wandsworth:
- The London Community Foundation, which manages a number of schemes geared to Wandsworth
- The Western Riverside Environmental Fund supports environmental projects in Wandsworth
- The Wimbledon Foundation supports projects in Wandsworth and Merton
- Lifetimes provides information on local funding opportunities
- The Battersea Power Station Foundation supports projects in Wandsworth and Lambeth
- The Thrale Charity supports projects in SW12 and SW17
Funders not specific to Wandsworth
Mayor of London – London Assembly
Investment from Europe, and funding available for those in business, housing, sport and elsewhere.
A broad range of funding support is available from Mayor of London - London Assembly, including: community funding, European Regional Development Fund, European Social Fund, Regeneration funding, Community Energy Fund, Cultural Seeds funding, Team London Small Grants, Citizen-led research Programme, Green Space Grants, Sport Unites, Crowdfund London, Digital Talent and Young Londoners Fund.
Updated regularly as new funding rounds become available.
Lloyds Bank Foundation
We partner with small and local charities across England and Wales, helping people overcome complex social issues.
We’re an independent charitable trust funded by the profits of Lloyds Banking Group. We partner with small and local charities helping people overcome complex social issues such as mental health, homelessness and domestic abuse.
Through long-term funding, developmental support and influencing policy and practice, we help those charities make life-changing impact.
We work in partnership with the charities we fund and others who share our vision. We listen, understand and respond to charities, funding them for longer and providing developmental support to help them grow stronger and more sustainable. We influence policy and practice to help charities thrive in the future and to address the root causes and consequences of complex social issues.
For further details: Lloyds Bank Foundation
London Marathon Charitable Trust - Facilities grants
Grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 are available for projects which help improve amenities or build facilities that enable the community to become and remain active. This is a rolling programme and applications are considered quarterly..
Peter Cruddas Foundation
Funding is available for registered charities in England and Wales that are working to support disadvantaged and disengaged young people as they move towards pathways into education, training and employment. Deadlines: 1 March and 1 September 2020.
See the Peter Cruddas Foundation website for more details.
Social Investment – Community Impact Partnership
The partnership is a joint initiative between four of the UK’s leading housing associations. With £3 million available to invest by 2021, it provides social investment in the form of blended loans and grants to help charitable organisations, social enterprises and community businesses to grow and innovate. It invests in work that can achieve sustainable social and economic benefits for communities across England served by the four partner housing associations. For more information and to apply online visit: www.communityimpactpartnership.co.uk
List of funding sources
- View the full list of funding sources
This list is not exhaustive. If you know of any other grant opportunities available to the voluntary and community sector, email email@example.com. We aim to update this list on a regular basis.
The contents of this list is intended as a resource for community/voluntary sector groups and not an endorsement of any particular organisation. We have no affiliation with the organisations listed and we cannot give advice on applications or application processes (including deadlines).
Other funding sources
Charities and non profit making organisations
- FundsOnline is a grant database for the voluntary and community centre
- Funding central is a website for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises providing access to over four thousand funding and finance opportunities as well as tools and resources to help organisations develop sustainable income strategies
Green and sustainable grants
- SWLENcrowdfund for environmental projects can support setting up a crowdfund page for a local project
- The Community Sustainable Energy Programme website gives information on grants for community and non profit making organisations
- Salix Finance provides Public Sector energy efficiency loan funding
- Tesco Bags of Help is managed by the environmental charity Groundwork. Grants are available to improve green spaces in communities
- Greener City Fund is Mayor Sadiq Khan's new £9 million fund to create and improve green spaces and encourage more tree planting in London
- (The) Princes Trust helps young entrepreneurs including small grants to help get into education, training or employment. May also offer a Community Cash Award which is a grant to help set up a project that will benefit your community
- Shell LiveWIRE is a programme that offers free online business advice with possible start-up awards of £1,000 and £10,000 to help fund young entrepreneurs aged 16-30
Grants for all types of organisations
- Grants Online provides a comprehensive service with information on grant funding opportunities from the European Union, UK Government Agencies, the lottery as well as Grant Making Trusts & Foundations