Cycle training and skills
Level 2 Children's basic cycle training sessions (10 to 15 years old)
Level 2 cycle training sessions are for year 6 pupils/children aged between 10 to 15 years old.
These are 'on-road' courses of at least four sessions. Sessions last for 2 hours and there are a maximum of 8 children per session.
Courses are run from your child's school during term time, and at different locations in Wandsworth during school holidays.
- Sessions are aimed at pupils who can ride their bike confidently.
- Pupils must bring their bikes with them to the sessions.
- Bikes must be roadworthy.
- Sessions introduce children to cycling and cover cycle control and safety.
- The whole session must be completed.
- Instructors are National Standard trained and approved by Wandsworth Council.
- The council has a public liability insurance that covers training courses.
- All children (and parents/guardians) must obey the simple health and safety rules of the courses.
- Cycle helmets are required.