School term dates
Please note: term dates for academies, foundation schools, free schools and voluntary aided schools are set by school governing bodies or academy trusts. The term dates for these schools may be different, and they should be contacted directly.
The dates for 2021-22 have been varied to take into account the additional bank holiday for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. As a result, the 2021-22 school year will be reduced to 378 pupil teaching sessions (ie 189 days), and the school year will end a day early on Thursday 21 July 2022, rather than Friday 22 July 2022.
Autumn term 2021
- First day: Wednesday 1 September 2021
- Last day: Friday 17 December 2021
- Half term: Monday 25 to Friday 29 October 2021
Spring term 2022
- First day: Tuesday 4 January 2022
- Last day: Friday 1 April 2022
- Half term: Monday 14 to Friday 18 February 2022
Summer term 2022
- First day: Tuesday 19 April 2022
- Last day: Thursday 21 July 2022
- Half term: Monday 30 May to Friday 3 June 2022
- Bank Holiday: Monday 2 May 2022
Autumn term 2022
- First day: Thursday 1 September 2022
- Last day: Friday 16 December 2022
- Half term: Monday 24 to Friday 28 October 2022
Spring term 2023
- First day: Tuesday 3 January 2023
- Last day: Friday 31 March 2023
- Half term: Monday 13 to Friday 17 February 2023
Summer term 2023
- First day: Monday 17 April 2023
- Last day: Friday 21 July 2023
- Half term: Monday 29 May to Friday 2 June 2023
- Bank Holiday: Monday 1 May 2023
How we calculate term dates
The school term dates are based on dates agreed by the London Inter Authority Admissions Group (LIAAG).
The timetable allows for the legal 195 school days. This includes the 190 days when the school must be open to pupils and 5 staff training days. The 5 staff training and development days are decided by the school's governing body according to the school's development planning cycle.