The Home Improvement Agency
The Home Improvement Agency (HIA) have considerable experience helping arrange home improvements, repairs or adaptations to make homes in the borough warm, safe and secure.
We advise and help:
- Older homeowners who need to repair, maintain, improve or adapt their home
- Households with a disabled person so they can remain living independently at home
- Council tenants with adaptations and specific repairs
- Homeowners improve and adapt their homes
- Tenants of private landlords to adapt their homes
We can support you through the financial process and building works by giving advice, assisting with grants and loans applications, surveying, inspecting and supervising approved contractors.
It doesn't matter whether you own or rent your home from the council, a private landlord or a housing association.
You do not have to qualify for a grant to use our services.
Contact the HIA