The Alders Garages, Aldrington Road
Demolition of existing non-residential buildings within the estate and redevelopment of the site creating 34 new homes. The homes will be a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms with 3 fully accessible wheelchair properties. The wider estate will also benefit from two new play spaces and additional paths, landscaping, parking and lighting.
Planning permission was granted at the July Planning Committee to transform garages at The Alders Estate, Aldrington Road SW16 into 34 new, affordable homes.
The planning application was submitted following ongoing consultation with the local community throughout the design phase of the scheme and their feedback was incorporated into the planning application.
The scheme received praise from members of both the Labour and Conservative parties and was approved unanimously.
The Council will continue to keep local people informed as the development progresses. The next steps will be to source a contractor and create a works plan.
|Number of units||34|
|Tenure mix||34 x social rent units|
|Unit mix||11 x 1-bed flats
3 x 1-bed fully wheelchair accessible flats
16 x 2-bed flats
4 x 3-bed houses
|Anticipated start on site||Summer 2022|
About the events:
- First resident and stakeholder consultation event held in July 2019
- Second resident and stakeholder consultation event held in September 2019
- Third consultation event was a virtual exhibition held in October 2020 ahead of the planning submission
View the presentation boards.
Plan proposals (in progress)
View plan proposals:
- Proposed ground floor
- Proposed 1st floor
- Proposed 2nd floor
- Proposed 3rd floor
- Proposed 4th floor
- Proposed 5th floor
- Proposed roof level
- Letter to estate residents - 12 November 2018
- Presentation boards - 18 July 2019
- Presentation boards - 18 September 2019
- Presentation boards - October 2020
- Letter to residents Ground Investigations - 18 February 2021
As part of the feasibility study a number of surveys were undertaken. The surveys completed to date can be found below:
- Ecology survey
- Tree survey
- Design and Access Statement
- Energy assessment
- Transport assessment
- Daylight and sunlight assessment
- Construction Management Plan Part 1
- Construction Management Plan Part 2
For any enquiries contact the Development Team:
- Email: DevelopmentTeam@wandsworth.gov.uk
- Telephone: 020 8871 7149