What will Nine Elms on the South Bank offer?
Exciting things are happening at Nine Elms on the South Bank. The area is transforming at a pace seldom seen in an established world city.
The regeneration will create a meaningful sense of place for local residents and visitors, a thriving riverside community and a business district for people to live, work and visit.
The scale and scope of the project:
- 561 acres (227 hectares)
- 35 development sites (so far)
- £15 billion total investment
- 6.5m sq. ft. commercial space
- 20,000 new homes
- 25,000 new jobs (post construction)
- 80 new community and leisure facilities, for everyone
- Improved transport links including new two Northern Line stations
- Development of new park and open spaces
- Project Feasibility and Delivery Study (VNEB) (2010) - part 1
- Project Feasibility and Delivery Study (VNEB) (2010) - part 2
- Development Infrastructure Funding Study (DIFS) Final report
- Development Infrastructure Funding Study (DIFS) Appendices
- VNEB Opportunity Area Framework
How it will look
An artists' impression of Nine Elms on the South Bank shopping area.