Registration Services privacy notice
How Registration Services use and share your data.
Using your data
Reasons for using your data:
- Statutory obligation to maintain birth, deaths and marriages register
Why we are allowed to use your data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- The Registration Act 1983
- Freedom of information Act 2000
- Environmental Regulation 2004
- Data Protection Act 2018
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Obtaining and sharing your data with others
We can share your data with:
- General Register Office
- Local Education Authority
- Judicial Agencies e.g. Courts
- Office of National Statistics (ONS)
- Government departments e.g. Home Office, DWP
- Funeral Directors
- Other Local Authorities
- Elected Members & MPs (as your representative)
- Contractors providing IT services
- Other departments within the Council
Using your data to make automated decisions
We do not use your data to make automated decisions.
Data sent to countries outside of the EEA
Generally, the Council will not process your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA. In exceptions where we do, we will ensure equivalent data protection controls are in place.
To see what data is collected and how to exercise your rights to your data, please read our corporate privacy notice.