The Council’s annual accounts are published in line with statutory requirements (Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021) which control how and when they are prepared, audited, approved and published.
The financial year ends on 31 March each year and normally the accounts are completed in May before they are audited and published by the end of July. For the financial year 2021/22 the publication date has been moved under the above regulations to 30 September for all local authority bodies.
Local electors have the right to inspect these accounts, and the associated documents, in accordance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. The inspection period for 2021/22 has been moved from of the start of June, to commencing no later than the first working day of August under the amended regulations.
The Council will start its inspection period for 2021/22 on 11 July 2022 and this will run for 30 working days until 19 August 2022.
- Statement of accounts 2020/21
- Letter from Ernst & Young - Thursday 30 September 2021
- Notice of Public Inspection 2020/21
- Statement of accounts 2019/20
- Independent Auditor's Report 2019/20
- Annual Audit Letter 31 March 2020
- Audit Completion Certificate 2019/20
- Statement of accounts 2017/18
- Audit closure certificate
- Conclusion of audit 2017-18
- Annual Audit Letter 31 March 2018
- Statement of accounts 2015/16
- Audit of accounts - Notice of Public Rights
- Conclusion of Audit 2015-16
Request copies of our accounts
Documents are also available in large font.
To request a copy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org