When streets get cleaned
- All public streets are swept thoroughly at least once a week.
- Weekly sweeping in each street occurs on the day after split-back dustcarts collect rubbish and recycling sacks, ensuring that any spillage is cleared.
- Some busier streets, mainly in Battersea and Tooting, also receive a litter clearance service three or four days after the scheduled sweeping.
- The busiest residential streets are swept daily.
- The busiest town centre streets and main roads are scheduled to be swept between one and six times daily, between 6am and 8pm.
- Check when a public street is cleaned.
Autumn leaf fall season (mid October – mid December)
Scheduled cleaning may be one day later than normal during heavy leaf fall periods. Additional resources are provided and longer hours are worked to clear autumn leaves from streets as quickly as possible. These resources are mainly deployed in streets with the heaviest leaf fall such as those surrounding the commons and clear over 200 tonnes of leaves every year.
What gets cleaned
This removes all litter, rubbish, fouling, small fly tips (up to 2 cubic metres) plus leaves, grit, stones, and any weeds over 10cm high. Streets should be clear of all these items immediately after the work has been completed.
Litter clearance service
This removes all litter, rubbish, fouling and small fly tips (up to 2 cubic metres). Streets should be clear of litter immediately after the work has been completed.
Rapid response clearance
- The rapid response service removes reported litter, fly tips, dead
animals, oil spillages, broken glass and debris from traffic accidents that cannot wait until the next scheduled sweep.
- Clearance should happen within an hour of the report being received, during normal office
hours, if the item poses a significant risk to the public, or within two
hours at other times.
- Clearance of other items should occur by the end of the next day.
Streets serving and running through council managed housing estates
To request litter or fly-tip clearance or to report a problem, email HESSeniors@wandsworth.gov.uk.
Street cleaning on housing estates
To request street cleaning for roads serving or running through a council managed housing estate, email HESSeniors@wandsworth.gov.uk.
What can I do?
Did you know?
Our street cleaning contractor sweeps 2,000 km of streets each week.
Find out more about our street cleaning performance.