Make a schools admissions appeal
The Department for Education (DfE) have published new legislation which takes account of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact on carrying out admission appeals in the usual way. The legislation came into force on 24 April 2020, and following an extension to the temporary arrangements, will now apply until 30 September 2021.
The new regulations:
- Continue to give parents the right to appeal to any school which has refused their child a place
- Disapply the requirement that appeals panels must be held in person and instead give flexibility for panel hearings to take place in other forms, including by telephone, video conference or through a paper-based appeal where all parties can make representations in writing
- Amend the deadlines relating to appeals for the time that the new regulations are in force
When making your appeal, you should indicate whether or not you would be able to participate in a hearing held by telephone or video conference. If you make an appeal, you will be sent additional guidance on how to participate in a remote hearing.
How to make an appeal
If your child has been refused a place at a Wandsworth maintained school, you have a legal right to appeal against this decision to an Independent Appeal Panel.
The Wandsworth Appeals Service is responsible for arranging appeal panels for all of Wandsworth's community primary and secondary schools and some of the Borough's academies, voluntary-aided and foundation schools.
Before you start, check the appeals timetable to find out key dates in the appeals process.
The form will require you to upload several documents to support your application.
Please note that the size of each document must not exceed 1MB. Please check the size of documents (particularly scans) before you attach them.
Failure to do so could result in your application not going through correctly, and the process being delayed.
What happens next
When you have completed and submitted the form, arrangements will then be made for your appeal to be heard by an appeal panel that is independent of the Council and the school involved.
Schools we manage appeals for
All other maintained schools not listed below are responsible for their own appeals. You should contact these schools directly for further information about their appeals process.
- Albermarle Primary School
- Alderbrook Primary School
- Allfarthing Primary School
- All Saints CE Primary School
- Beatrix Potter Primary School
- Belleville School
- Belleville Wix Academy
- Brandlehow Primary School
- Broadwater Primary School
- Chesterton Primary School
- Earlsfield Primary School
- Falconbrook Primary School
- Fircroft Primary School
- Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
- Franciscan Primary School
- Furzedown Primary School
- Gatton Primary School
- Granard Primary School
- Heathmere Primary School
- Hillbrook Primary School
- Holy Ghost RC Primary School
- Honeywell Infant School
- Honeywell Junior School
- Hotham Primary School
- John Burns Primary School
- Our Lady Queen of Heaven RC Primary School
- Penwortham Primary School
- Ravenstone Primary School
- Riversdale Primary School
- Roehampton CE Primary School
- Ronald Ross Primary School
- Rutherford House Primary School
- Sacred Heart (Battersea) RC Primary School
- Sacred Heart (Roehampton) RC Primary School
- St. Anselm's RC Primary School
- St. Boniface RC Primary School
- St. Faith's CE Primary School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary and Nursery School
- St. Mary's (Putney) CE Primary School
- St. Mary's (Battersea) RC Primary School
- St. Michael's CE Primary School
- Sellincourt Primary School
- Shaftesbury Park Primary School
- Sheringdale Primary School
- Smallwood Primary School
- Southmead Primary School
- Swaffield Primary School
- The Alton Primary School
- Tooting Primary School Primary School
- West Hill Primary School
- Ashcroft Technology Academy
- Burntwood School
- Chestnut Grove Academy
- Ernest Bevin College
- Graveney School
- St. John Bosco College
There is currently very limited telephone access to the Pupil Services Team. For any queries, please email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Telephone: 020 8871 7554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org