Report missed collection
If your rubbish/recycling collection was missed, let us know within three days. If we receive your report by 4pm, we will then collect your missed waste the next day. Check your collection day before reporting a missed collection.
Select the refuse and recycling collection service option. Add a space when entering your postcode.
You can report a missed collection for:
- Clear recycling sacks and orange-lidded communal recycling banks
- Dustbins, communal bins or sack rubbish collections
- Clinical waste
- Bulky waste
- Garden waste (select 'Dustbin or sack rubbish collection' if you live in a house, or 'Bulky/communal rubbish' if you live in a flat)
What happens next
If you presented your waste correctly and on time but it wasn't collected, we will send the contractor back to collect it by 6pm the day after you reported this.
If your waste was not presented correctly and on time, make sure it is for your next scheduled collection day and it will be collected then. Alternatively, you can take it to the local household waste and recycling centre.
Reasons for missed collections
We only collect the rubbish if it was genuinely missed and not for the following reasons:
- It was not available at the time of collection
- It was not properly contained in dustbins, tied bags, communal wheeled bins (depending on received service)
- It was not placed in an accessible location
- It was presented in wheelie bins with two wheels
- Extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, causing delays because of health and safety risks
If the whole street has been missed, for example due to a dustcart breakdown, leave your waste out and we will collect it as soon as we can.