Book a bulky waste collection
Before you start
Make sure you know what type of collection you need:
What you need to do
When booking a collection online, you will need to:
- Make a payment at time of booking
- List which items you want collected at the time of booking
- Make sure you clearly specify what you want collected, as nothing else will be removed
Before your collection
Your collection will be on your normal waste collection day, this is the same day that we collect individual dustbins and clear recycling sacks on your street (large communal wheeled bins may be emptied on different days).
- Check your bulky waste collection day
Before your household bulky waste is collected:
- Ensure that the items are available for collection by 6.30am on your collection day. We cannot give a specific time slot; collections will take place from 6.30am to 4.30pm
- Leave your items for collection where they are clearly visible in your front garden if you have one. Do not place them on the public highway
- If you do not have a front garden or other open and accessible area for us to collect your items, you can place them beside the entrance to your own property after 8.30pm on the day before the collection only if this does not cause an obstruction
- We would request that where possible you attach a note to indicate what items are being collected by the Council
We cannot collect items from inside your property, so if you need help moving the item outside, you should make these arrangements in advance of the collection date.
- Items to be collected must be clearly visible at the front of the property
- The crew cannot access any locked areas
- The crew will not contact residents or porters in order to collect bulky waste items
- Access codes must be provided for secured main gates
- Clear instructions/directions to the bin area or location of the items must be added if not clearly visible from the gate. Whilst the refuse crew will know where the rubbish collection area is, the bulky waste crew will not
- In the absence of access codes, the secured gate should be left unlocked or items placed outside the main gate in time for collection
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide all the necessary details to ensure the items are easily accessible
- Access must not be an issue and there must not be a locked second gate/door with a code – this will result in non-collection
- The crew will not collect from a concierge or make any attempt to call them
- Items must be left as above or on the pavement no earlier than 6.30pm the night before, to not obstruct pavement
- As long items are left out no earlier than 6.30pm, customer will not be penalised for fly-tipping
If you require further information or advice, please contact us on 020 8871 8558.
Reschedule your collection
If you find you are unable to present the items for collection for your booked collection, please call the 020 8871 8558 as soon as possible to reschedule the service.
We will usually only reschedule a collection once.
Cancellations and refunds
Any cancellation requests for booked collections must be received at least one working day before the day of collection for a refund to be payable. For example, a collection booked for Friday would need to be cancelled by the end of the preceding Thursday.
To cancel your collection please call us on 020 8871 8558.