Bikehangars are designed to provide a secure on-street cycle parking solution and can only be accessed by a member using a key. They enable more cycling by providing a solution to those who would otherwise be unable to securely store a bicycle.
A Bikehangar securely holds 6 cycles and fits within a standard 2 metre parking bay by bolting onto the curb taking up the space of half a car.
Availability and cost
Bikehangars are priced at £72 per year and managed by CycleHoop. Bikehangars will be prioritised to residents who:
- Live on the street (or adjacent one) where the bikehangar is provided
- Do not have a garage or suitable outside space to store a bike
- Demonstrate high levels of local support
October 2019 update
The Bikehangar strategy (paper 19-270) was approved on 24 September 2019 by The Strategic Planning and Transportation Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
The next steps in our process will be:
- October: Open webform for residents to suggest locations for bikehangars
- November/December: Analyse results of requests
- December/January: Conduct site visits
- February: Consult on 20 proposed locations across the borough
- March: Distribute outcome letters, schedule installations and allocate places to residents
Let us know if you would like a Bikehangar installed on your street
Registering your interest for a Bikehangar on your street does not count as an application for a space in that Bikehangar. The application process will go live to residents once locations confirmed places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Requests for Bikehangars installations on Wandsworth highways only. For installation enquiries on housing estates or residential blocks please contact your landlord.
Demonstrate support for a Bikehangar and ask your neighbours to submit their interest too.