Bikehangars are designed to provide a secure on-street cycle parking solution and can only be accessed by a member using a key. They enable more cycling by providing a solution to those who would otherwise be unable to securely store a bicycle.
A Bikehangar securely holds six cycles and fits within a standard two metre parking bay by bolting onto the curb taking up the space of half a car.
Availability and cost
Bikehangars are priced at £72 per year and managed by CycleHoop. Bikehangars will be prioritised to residents who:
- Live on the street (or adjacent one) where the bikehangar is provided
- Do not have a garage or suitable outside space to store a bike
- Demonstrate high levels of local support
March 2020 update
The Bikehangar strategy (paper 19-270) was approved on 24 September 2019 by The Strategic Planning and Transportation Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
Phase 1 installations
We have received over 500 requests for a bikehangar since October 2019. We have proposed locations where there has been the highest demand from residents and suitable locations identified.
The consultation for 27 proposed locations took place between 3 March 2020 - 31 March 2020.
We have so far:
- October 2019: Opened webform for residents to suggest locations for bikehangars
- December 2019: Analysed results of 500 requests received
- December 2019/January 2020: Conducted site visits and propose locations
- March 2020: Consulted on a trial of 27 proposed locations
- August 2020: Install initial 21 locations - view on map
Upon installation residents will be able to apply for a space via the provider. Visit Cyclehoop for more information.
We welcome further requests from residents to help plan future installations. We are currently seeking further funding for more bikehangars due to the level of demand. Let us know if you would like a Bikehangar installed on your street via the link below.
Registering your interest for a Bikehangar on your street does not count as an application for a space in that Bikehangar. The application process will go live to residents once locations have been installed. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Requests for Bikehangars installations on Wandsworth highways only. For installation enquiries on housing estates or residential blocks please contact your landlord.
Demonstrate support for a Bikehangar and ask your neighbours to submit their interest too.