Support purchasing a cargo bike
We have partnered with Peddle My Wheels to enable businesses and residents in the borough to hire a bicycle, e-bike, cargo bike, e-cargo bike or trailer with the option to buy the bike at the end. Find out more about the Try Before You Bike scheme.
Hire a community cargo bike
From summer 2022 there will be a community cargo bike on Moyser Road and St John's Hill for residents and businesses to
Visit the Our Bike website to register to hire one of the community cargo bikes in the borough or to find out more about the scheme.
If you would like to see a community cargo bike in another part of the borough, email email@example.com so we can monitor demand.
Repair your cargo bike
Click on the icons for a description of the cargo bike service they offer.
Resource pack for businesses
Watch this recording of our Cargo Bikes for Business event.
The recording contains advice from a range of businesses who use cargo bikes in their operations and/or operate a cargo bike service for other businesses. See the speaker timings and descriptions below.
- 00:08:38 – Pedal Me - This pedal-powered taxi and courier service sets out how businesses can book rides to transport goods, equipment and people by cargo bike.
- 00:18:15 – Positively Putney - Putney’s Business Improvement District sets out how they implemented and coordinate a cargo bike waste collection service and home delivery service for businesses on and around Putney High Street. View presentation
- 00:34:20 – Osman O’Connor & Co - This Wandsworth based gardening business draws on their experience of adding a cargo bike to their fleet and shares advice on factors to consider. View handout
- 00:59:00 – Fully Charged - This electric bike specific retailer gives an overview of the cargo bike industry and advice on research and considerations businesses should do before they buy including information on business fleet management, maintenance and service. View presentation
- 01:23:40 – ecofleet mindful delivery – This Battersea based cargo bike courier service sets out the delivery and consolidation hub service they provide for businesses. Watch video
View the Business Cargo Bike Guide created by Cross River Partnership and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Become a cycle confident workforce
- Book free adult cycle training for you or your staff
- Tell your staff about the Try Before You Bike scheme to help them start to commute to work and/or cycle in their home life. For posters to display in the workplace, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help getting started?
- Contact email@example.com
View the case studies and the gallery to see how eCargo bikes are already being used in the Borough.
Humble Grape: used to deliver bottles of wine, glassware and food to customers
The Council's Parks Police Team: to travel around the Borough and carry equipment such as first aid bags
Positively Putney: to collect and transport waste and recycling from Putney’s businesses
Read our guidance for on-street parking of non-standard cycles including cargo bikes.