Report adult abuse

If there is danger, first ensure the safety of the adult. Call emergency services on 999 if immediate help is needed.

Report a concern about adult abuse 

If you have a concern

Everyone has the right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.

If you are the victim of abuse, or you know someone who you think is at risk, or has been abused, then it is important to get help.

You can report your concerns by completing our online form contact us on 020 8871 7707 or email

If you suspect criminal abuse is involved contact the Police by dialling 101.

You will need

When completing the form, you will be asked for:

  • Your name
  • Your telephone number
  • Details of your concern (including information of other people involved)

These details are to help us make further enquiries and to contact you again if necessary.

Please include as much information as possible, this helps us make an informed decision.

Your details will be kept strictly confidential.

What happens next

Once you report the suspected abuse we will look carefully at the situation. This may lead to a full investigation which follows the London Multi-Agency Adult Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and may involve health services and the Police.

We will then take steps to:

  • Ensure the adult at risk is protected in the future
  • Speak to the Police if a criminal offence has been committed