Report unauthorised display of an advertisement
Use this form to establish whether an unauthorised display of an advertisement has taken place and to subsequently report it.
You will need
You will need the following information to report unauthorised display of an advertisement:
- If the advertisement requires consent from the Council. You can get advice on which advertisements may require consent in the Planning Portal's Adverts and signs planning permission guide
- If, in your view, the advertisement poses a safety hazard to pedestrians or vehicles
- If, in your view, the advertisement is visually offensive within the context of the area
- If advertisement consent has already been granted for the display of the advertisement in question. You can check this using our Planning Explorer
- A description of the advertisement and its location
- The date when the advertisement was first displayed in this location. (We may not be able to take action if advertisements have been displayed at this location for 10 or more years)
- How the display of the advertisement affects you
- Photographic evidence (if available) of the alleged breach
- The name of the person responsible for the alleged breach (if known)
- The address of the property in alleged breach. You will need the full address and post code; you can find this in the Planning Explorer
What happens next
A planning officer will review the details of your report and make contact with you.