How to find out if a building is listed
There are several ways to find out if a building is listed:
- See our directory of listed buildings
- Local list of buildings of architectural or historic interest - these are buildings adopted by the Council as buildings of local special architectural or historic interest. No additional controls apply to these buildings other than those that already exist.
- Descriptions and photographs can be found on our Listed Building Database
- If there is no photograph of the building you are interested in our database, you might find it on The images of England website.
- Glossary of architectural and building terms