Work Match workshops could be key to unlocking the right job for you
Published: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Council’s job finding service helps people access training and employment
- Programme designed to give confidence & skills needed to secure job
- Sessions will identify strengths and skills
The council’s jobs and employment agency Work Match is recruiting for a programme designed to help mature jobseekers and career changers unlock their next career move.
Its ‘Room for Work’ programme is designed to help skilled workers aged over 40 access employment opportunities ranging from administrative to managerial and professional roles.
The course, which is delivered in 12 sessions over six weeks, includes tailored one-to-one mentoring provided by experts.
The programme covers:
• Current job search methods and ways to find "hidden jobs"
• Presentation and speaking skills to help you sell your capabilities
• How to write an effective CV for the job you want
• How to use social media, especially LinkedIn, to find work and promote yourself
• How to analyse and activate your network
• How to master competency-based interviews
• Self-employment options
At each session you’ll learn and practise a new skill or improve one you have already. Classes take place in a relaxed and friendly environment and you’ll be with people in the same situation as yourself, where you’ll receive peer support.
You’ll gain insights and insider knowledge that will improve your ability to find and land a job that’s right for you.
The course begins on September 13 and is being provided at the Work Match offices at 100 Falcon Road, Battersea SW11 2LH.
To register visit www.wandsworthworkmatch.org
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme has been organised by Wandsworth Work Match which is a council service that helps local people access training and employment opportunities.
The service was launched by Wandsworth Council in 2013 to help unemployed residents secure new jobs, apprenticeships and training roles, working with businesses across the borough.
Work Match can offer its clients help with applying for jobs, support in preparing CVs and polishing interview skills – giving them the best chance of success. The team also helps local people find pre-job training and support they need to get them ready for the workplace.
The service works closely with Job Centre Plus, community organisations, local colleges and schools to provide an integrated support network.