Be kind to your kidneys, stay healthy
Published: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
● We are running a ‘Being kind to your kidneys’ awareness campaign to help people understand more about Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
● Visit our health bus on Friday 22nd September to find out more.
● Advice to protect your kidney health, FREE blood pressure checks, info. about diabetes + tips to eat more healthily and be more active.
Visit the health bus: Friday 22nd September, 11.00am to 5.30pm
Where: Tooting Market, 21-23 Tooting High St, London SW17 0SN
Wandsworth council is running a ‘Being kind to your kidneys’ awareness campaign to help people understand more about Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). CKD is a long-term condition where the kidneys do not work as well as they should.
CKD does not usually cause symptoms until it reaches a more serious stage, but it does affect your overall health and increases your risk of other conditions such as heart disease and stroke. It can affect anyone, but it's more common in people who are black or of South Asian origin.
Did you know that high blood pressure and diabetes are two of the most common causes of CKD? This is why we’re offering FREE blood pressure checks and advice around diabetes.
Look out for our Health bus which will be parked at the side entrance of Tooting Market, 21-23 Tooting High St, London SW17 0SN on Friday 22nd September, 11.00am - 5.30pm.
Come and have a chat about kidney health and other health issues.
Taking part in prevention actions can be one of the best forms of medicine, and taking regular care of all aspects of our health plays a key role.
Healthcare professionals will be available on the Health bus to offer a range of checks and advice, including:
- Information about diabetes.
- Blood pressure checks.
- Tips on managing and reducing your risk for several diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Tips to stay healthy and active and help to stop smoking.
- Information about what local services may be best suited for you…and much more.
For more information about local health and wellbeing services, as well as what you can do to stay healthy and active, please visit www.wandsworth.gov.uk/healthylifestyle