Nominate now for the Active Wandsworth Awards 2022
Published: Wednesday, November 23, 2022
Nominations are now open for the 2022 Active Wandsworth Awards.
For the past 25 years the Active Wandsworth Awards, run by Enable in partnership with Wandsworth council, have recognised and rewarded members of the Wandsworth community for their talent, commitment and dedication in inspiring others to get active and stay active.
The Awards have recognised hundreds of amazing local people in that time and have crowned some exceptional athletes including England rugby star Kyle Sinckler and Olympic athletes Katie Snowden and Steph Davis.
The 2022 winners will receive their awards at the annual ceremony taking place on March 3 hosted by reporter, journalist and Sky Sports TV presenter Emma Paton in the Wandsworth Civic Suite.
The awards celebrate and acknowledge local sports people, coaches, volunteers, schools, organisations and clubs for their dedication and personal commitment to helping local people achieve their goals regardless of age, ability or financial situation.
Wandsworth Council’s cabinet member for the environment Judi Gasser said: ““It's so important for people's physical and mental health that they have opportunities to enjoy sports. We are really grateful to all our teams, coaches, clubs and others who do so much to keep the people of Wandsworth fit and active. We want to highlight them and the work they do, so please do send your nominations in.”
Nominations must be submitted by January 15.
Notes to editor
The award categories are
- Club/Organisation of the year
- The Mayor’s Award
- Volunteer of the Year (new nominations only)
- Young Volunteer of the Year (new nominations only)
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport / Physical Activity (new nominations only)
- Physical Activity Project of the Year (sponsored by Enable)
- Active School of the Year
- Coach / Instructor of the Year
- Junior Sports Person of the Year (17 and under as of 31 December 2022)
- Sports Person of the Year (18 and over as of 31 December 2022) (sponsored by Places Leisure)