Dick Whittington visits Wandsworth’s Civic Suite this Christmas
Published: Friday, November 25, 2022
Join Dick Whittington and his cat this Christmas as the popular panto comes Wandsworth’s Civic Suite on December 10.
The pantomime, delivered by the council and Enable and produced by Hurricane Productions, includes affordable prices, special sessions for schools and special sensory-sensitive performances.
There are 19 great-value performances, matinee and evening, between December 10 and the 22. The two sensory-sensitive shows on December 20 will include
- Adapted lighting and special effects, with low house lights to reduce anxiety in any audience members.
- A ‘chill out room’ accessible throughout the show for those who desire a quiet space either during or after the performance.
- The opportunity to meet the cast after the performance, which can be helpful for people who have difficulties with flexibility of imagination
- Familiarisation visits can be arranged so the audience can see the auditorium before the show
- A relaxed attitude to noise and to the audience moving around the building so that there is no undue concern over unexpected noises and movement.
Matinee performances on December 13, 14 and 15 at 1.30pm are reserved especially for schools and large group bookings. If you would like to make a large group booking, email email@example.com
Ticket sales will help raise funds to active lifestyles, community events, and the improvement of natural habitats throughout Wandsworth.
Cabinet member for culture Kemi Akinola said: “The show promises to be brilliant fun for everyone, and I’m especially pleased that sensory-sensitive shows will help parents and children sit back, relax and enjoy a traditional panto together. This is part of our work to make sure everyone - including people on the neurodiversity spectrum - are able to enjoy the borough's fantastic range of arts and culture.”
Tickets cost £11 plus booking fee. Doors open 45 minutes before each performance. Children 1 and over must have a ticket, except for babes in arms (under 1 years old). Children must be accompanied by an adult. Refreshments will be available at the venue.