Come and have a chat about your health – get the flu and COVID-19 booster vaccines
Published: Friday, November 4, 2022
Wandsworth Council’s health bus continues to help residents to remain healthy and well, by visiting locations around the borough over the coming weeks and months, with a mobile, pop-up health clinic - those who are eligible can pop along, no appointment needed and get the flu and COVID-19 booster vaccine.
Whether you are looking for general health advice for you or your family or more information about accessing local health and well-being services, we’ll be able to help.
Visit the health bus,
- Thursday 8 December, 10.00am to 3.00pm, Asda Clapham Junction, 204 Lavender Hill, London SW11 1JG
Council and NHS colleagues will be available to offer advice on a range of different areas including:
- get the COVID-19 and flu vaccines if you are eligible
- tips to stay healthy and active, as well as managing your weight
- information about keeping your heart and brain healthy, including blood pressure checks
- help to stop smoking
- preventing and reducing your risk for several diseases, including diabetes, cancer and heart disease
- immunisations for you and your family
- information about the COVID-19 vaccines
- Polio vaccination advice
Councillor Graeme Henderson, Cabinet member for adult health and care said,
“Our health bus has been making a real difference in communities across the borough and helping to tackle health inequalities.
“By coming out to you, we are helping people with everything from advice on quitting smoking, or other conditions like your risk of heart disease, diabetes, dementia awareness, stroke, or kidney disease.
“Our friendly team of community champions are always happy to listen and offer advice.”
NHS staff will also be on hand to give you the COVID-19 vaccination if you haven’t yet had it, as well as the booster dose. If you have any questions or concerns about the vaccine, you can come along and just have a chat about it.
For more information about local health and wellbeing services, as well as what you can do to stay healthy and active visit the council's health webpages.
Whether you are looking for general health advice, for you or your family, or more information about accessing local health and wellbeing services, we’ll be able to help.
COVID testing kits
Wandsworth Council’s new administration is keen to ensure workers in key public-facing roles across the borough can continue to receive free testing kits to keep them, their families, their colleagues and the wider public safe. This includes all those who deal face-to-face with the public.
Frontline workers can visit the following venues to pick up a free test kit:
- Roehampton Library, SW15 4HD
- Battersea Library, SW11 1JB
- Tooting Library, SW17 9PD
- Wandsworth Library, SW18 4AQ
People need to bring some form of work ID to prove they are a frontline or key worker.