Current parking consultations
Medfield Street area review
Consultation on the possible introduction of a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) in the Medfield Street area.
We asked residents of Medfield Street, Treville Street, Ponsonby Road and Roehampton Lane for their views on the current parking conditions where they live and whether they supported the introduction of a CPZ. This followed the receipt of a petition from some residents of these roads requesting the extension of the Roehampton CPZ (R2) into their roads in order to improve the parking conditions in the area.
Residents were asked specifically whether they wanted the existing Roehampton CPZ R2 sub-zone (operating 11.00am to 12 noon Monday to Friday) extended into their roads.
The consultation closed on 23 October 2017.
- Of the 219 consultation letters delivered, 75 were returned. This represents a response rate of 34%
- The responses over all roads consulted indicate that the majority of respondents are dissatisfied with the present parking conditions, 47 (64%), and support the CPZ extension into their roads 43 (59%)
- The majority of respondents from Roehampton High Street did not support the CPZ, 11 (61%)
It has been agreed to:
- Extend the Roehampton CPZ (R2) (11.00am to 12 noon Monday to Friday) into Medfield Street, Treville Street and Ponsonby Road
- Conduct a further consultation with residents and businesses in Roehampton High Street to notify them of the Council's decision to extend the Roehampton CPZ (R2) into the above roads and ask for their views on a set of proposals for their road including the option of joining either the Roehampton R1 or R2 sub-zones
Consultation in Roehampton High Street
Letters were posted to residents and business in the high street on Tuesday 3 April 2018.
As the response to the above consultation exercise has been very low, and we want to consider your views before making a decision, the consultation deadline has therefore been extended to give you a further opportunity to provide your views.
The documents will be sent to residents and businesses during the week commencing 14 May.
The consultation will close on Monday 18 June 2018.
Please ensure you have completed an online survey form or returned your paper questionnaire in the pre-paid envelope to reach us by this date.
To find out more, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.