Current parking consultations
Medfield Street area review
Consultation on the possible introduction of a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) in the Medfield Street area.
We asked residents of Medfield Street, Treville Street, Ponsonby Road and Roehampton Lane for their views on the current parking conditions where they live and whether they supported the introduction of a CPZ. This followed the receipt of a petition from some residents of these roads requesting the extension of the Roehampton CPZ (R2) into their roads in order to improve the parking conditions in the area.
Residents were asked specifically whether they wanted the existing Roehampton CPZ R2 sub-zone (operating 11am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday) extended into their roads.
The consultation closed on 23 October 2017.
- Of the 219 consultation letters delivered, 75 were returned. This represents a response rate of 34%.
- The responses over all roads consulted indicate that the majority of respondents are dissatisfied with the present parking conditions, 47 (64%), and support the CPZ extension into their roads 43 (59%).
- The majority of respondents from Roehampton High Street did not support the CPZ, 11 (61%).
It has been agreed to:
- Extend the Roehampton CPZ (R2) (11am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday) into Medfield Street, Treville Street and Ponsonby Road.
- Conduct a further consultation with residents and businesses in Roehampton High Street to notify them of the Council's decision to extend the Roehampton CPZ (R2) into the above roads and ask for their views on a set of proposals for their road including the option of joining either the Roehampton R1 or R2 sub-zones.
Consultation in Roehampton High Street
Letters were posted to residents and businesses in the high street on Tuesday 3 April 2018.
The consultation closed on Monday 18 June 2018.
A summary of the consultation results is below:
- Of the 98 consultation letters delivered, 31 were returned (27 residents and 4 businesses). This represents a response rate of 32%.
- Q2: The majority of residents (11, 58%) and 2 (50%) businesses are unhappy with the current parking conditions.
- Q3: The majority of residents (11, 58%) agree that the Roehampton CPZ should be extended into the High Street. The majority of businesses (3, 75%) disagree.
- Q4: When asked which sub-zone should apply, equal numbers of residents and businesses supported R1 and R2.
- Q5: When asked whether they would support the inclusion of some P&D Only shopper bays, the most popular option among residents was 'yes' (8, 42%), and among businesses it was 'no' (2, 50%).
The views expressed by local residents and businesses were considered along with all relevant traffic management and other highway factors, when arriving at the following decision:
- Include Roehampton High Street within the recently approved extension of the R2 sub-zone (Medfield Street, Treville Street and Ponsonby Road), operating 11am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday.
- Replace the existing 'free' short-stay shopper bay outside numbers 27 to 35 with all-day Pay & Display (P&D) only spaces and introduce a new all-day P&D only bay outside numbers 36 to 40. These bays are aimed at providing turnover space for customers.
- Conduct a review of the R2 sub-zone extension after 12 months of operation, if issues arise.
It is estimated the zone will be implemented early/mid November 2018.
To find out more, contact us by email at email@example.com.