Pay and reward
We know that to recruit passionate, dedicated social workers - where there’s simply more demand than the available resource - we must show our appreciation in more tangible ways. That's why we have put together an attractive package for all our social workers.
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, you will receive an appropriate starting salary and a friendly, kind, positive and supportive working culture.
We also offer:
- Performance related salary progression scheme
- 31 days annual leave to all employees plus bank holidays
- Relocation package for experienced social workers moving to London
- Manageable caseloads
- Agile and flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and CPD opportunities
- Regular reflective supervision and peer group supervision
- Refer a friend scheme
- Welcome payments and retention bonuses for harder to recruit to areas of our services
- Social Work Career Pathway Framework
Training and progression
Wandsworth Council is a place that nurtures talent, with strong training programmes and a proactive approach to development.
Employees can progress within the organisation into both managerial and practice specialist roles. It is a place that instils commitment, which is reflected in many staff converting from locum into permanent roles.
Our staff have very manageable caseloads, so more time and attention can be focused where it really counts. Benefits of Social Work in Wandsworth include:
- A strong training and development programme that supports you to develop your practice and progress into senior practitioner and managerial roles
- Access to reliable management support with good team morale and staff engagement across the department
- Caseloads are lower than the national average and there are good resources for families and social workers
Our professional development offer
Our professional development offer includes:
- Visionary leadership
- Stable management
- Very manageable caseloads
- The right conditions to thrive and develop
- Tailored Personal Development Plans
- Amazing training opportunities
- Motivational Interviewing and systemic practice
Our investment in you: Career progression
- Newly Qualified Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Senior Social Worker
- Advanced Social Worker
- Practice Specialist
- Team Manager
View our current vacancies or read more about Family Safeguarding.