Housing options if you have alcohol or substance misuse problems

If you have drink or substance misuse problems, we may be able to help if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness and you are unable to make provisions for yourself.

Our duty 

We can provide advice to you to help you find alternative accommodation. 

We will not have a duty to provide temporary accommodation unless you are considered to be eligible, homeless and have priority need. You can find out more about the assessment criteria on our webpages or see Shelter
: 080 8800 4444.

If you are single with support needs, you are strongly advised to engage with the drug and alcohol service.

Other related services and support

For further advice and assistance, you can talk to your GP about referrals to help your recovery.