Submit documents to support your claim

You may need to provide us with documentary evidence to enable us to assess your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction claim. These documents can be submitted using our online form.

Before you start

If you are unsure what documents you need to provide, please call Customer Services on 020 8871 8081.

If you are unable to provide the documents we have asked for, you need to tell us why. We will then let you know what to do next.

Document type and size

Any documents uploaded should be in the following formats only:

  • GIF
  • JPEG
  • Microsoft Word
  • PDF
  • PNG
  • Tiff

Files must not be larger than 10MB.

You will need

  • Your documents 
  • Your Housing Benefit claim or Council Tax Reduction reference number (if you have one)

What happens next

If we require further evidence or documentation, we will write to you and tell you what is missing. Reasonable time will be allowed for you to supply the evidence.

In some circumstances we may need to see original documents. We will write to you if these are required.

Help us to help you – the sooner you provide any evidence required the quicker we can process your claim for benefits.

Submit your documents