Report a change of circumstances

Your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is calculated using the information you give us about your income, savings, household and the rent you pay.

What you must tell us about

You must tell us about any changes in your circumstance that you think will affect your Housing Benefit and/or CTR, such as:

  • Changes to your income, wages or savings
  • Changes to your tax credits
  • Changes to your pension
  • Changes to other people's income living in your home
  • Someone else moves into your property
  • You have a change of address
  • Your children leaving school or starting work
  • Birth of a child
  • Changes to the amount of rent you pay (unless you are a council tenant)

These are examples only. If you are unsure about whether or not you need to report a particular change, you should contact us for advice.

If you receive Pension Guaranteed Credit

You must tell the Pension Service about any changes in your income. You must tell us about any changes to your rent liability or composition of your household.

When to tell us

You must tell us straight away. You may lose your benefit if you do not tell us within one month for Housing Benefit and within 21 days for CTR. If the change in circumstances means you have been overpaid benefit you will have to pay it back.

Report a change in your circumstances

Only report a change if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction from Wandsworth Council.

If you are currently claiming in another borough you will need to complete a new claim form.

The evidence checklist generated at the end of the form will provide you with a list of the supporting evidence that is required to calculate your claim. You should give us as much information as possible about the change. If we need any supporting evidence we will contact you to request this.

Notify us of a change in circumstances including change of address through our benefits online service.

Start report

Council Tax

To inform our Council Tax Service of any changes relating solely to your Council Tax account, such as Single Persons Discount changes, visit our Council Tax pages.