Apply for Crisis Assistance for food and fuel
The scheme is to assist the most vulnerable Wandsworth residents who are experiencing hardship and crisis. Awards are made from a limited budget.
Crisis Assistance provides support by way of supermarket vouchers that can be used for groceries and fuel vouchers for pre-payment meters.
To be eligible for Crisis Assistance you must:
- Be aged 16 or over
- Be in receipt of an out of work or disability benefit or be out of work and awaiting an initial decision on entitlement to a qualifying out of work or disability benefit
- Consideration can be given to low income working households
- People with No Recourse to Public Funds - can complete this form and any award will be made from a budget that is not public funds
- Not have access to any funds that can be relied on to meet the need they are applying and where they would be left with insufficient resources which would cause serious risk to their own, or their family’s health or safety
- Not have already had three awards in the six-month period commencing 23 March 2020
- Not have had your benefit entitlement suspended or sanctioned by the DWP, unless exceptional circumstances apply
- Be ordinarily resident in the Borough of Wandsworth and have lived in the Borough for six weeks prior to applying and are expected to be resident in the Borough after receipt of the award. Except where the person has moved into the Borough due to an emergency such as fleeing domestic violence, prison discharge or leaving care
To apply for Crisis Assistance, please use the online application form.
We will process your application and notify you of the outcome, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
Please note that from 1 January 2020 we have been advised that British Gas payments will be unavailable at PayPoint outlets. This mean that we will be unable to issue fuel vouchers via PayPoint for this supplier. Please confirm within your application the name of your pre-payment energy supplier.