We have a responsibility to ensure that payments of Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction are only made to those who are entitled to receive them.
We are committed to preventing and detecting fraud.
Report benefit fraud
If you have information about benefit fraud within the borough please report it. There are investigation officers who will investigate. Any information you supply will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To report benefit fraud call the Fraud Hotline on 0800 328 6340.
Your call is free.
Examples of benefit fraud
- Failure to declare savings, investments, inheritance, trusts or property owned
- Not living at the property that has been claimed for
- Failure to inform us that you have income from employment
- Failure to declare an occupational pension or a partner's occupational pension
- Living with an undeclared partner who has income