Wandsworth's Virtual School
Wandsworth's Virtual School has responsibility for ensuring that all looked after children and care leavers aged 3 to 25 years are supported to achieve academic success and progress in their learning.
- Virtual School Headteacher - Nova Levine
- Educational Psychologist
- Senior Business Support Officer
- Advisory Teachers
- Education Support Co-ordinators
Every pupil or student aged 3 to 18 years has a named Advisory Teacher or Education Support Coordinator who ensures that:
- Every pupil has a robust and effective Personal Education Plan (PEP)
- Pupils and students access interventions to raise attainment and accelerate learning wherever possible
- Attendance and exclusions are reduced and support is in place
- Professionals supporting looked after learners are equipped with skills and knowledge to promote learning
- Pupils and students experience reduced time without a school place and attend Good or Outstanding (Ofsted) schools
- The voice of the pupil or student is paramount
- A range of out of school hours learning opportunities are available
- Parents and carers of previously looked after children access advice, guidance and training
The Virtual School also works closely in partnership with Future First to ensure that all care leavers up to 25 years are supported to engage in positive education, employment and training opportunities.
For further information or discussion, contact Alison Allen, Senior Business Support Officer.
Telephone: 020 8871 7351