Health and wellbeing support for for young people leaving care
We will support and encourage you to be healthy and provide you with the help you need to achieve this.
How we can help
Before you turn 18 we will provide you with a health summary, which is a summary of your up to date health information. We will also support you to register with a GP if you are not already registered.
We may be able to support you to:
- Move into adult’s services if you have previously received care from children’s health services
- Attend hospital or doctor’s appointments. We do not automatically pay transport costs but your PA can go with you if you are nervous or unsure
- Apply for the financial support you are eligible for, including discounted prescriptions, travel costs, and other expenses through the NHS ‘Help With Health Costs’ schemes
- Attend counselling sessions for substance misuse and emotional wellbeing through our Future First counsellors
- Access nutritious recipes and tips for keeping healthy and well
- Be a good parent. We will take an interest in your children and support you to do the best for them. We will help you arrange childcare, if this is what you want. For young parents, there is a regular Future Tot’s group that you can attend with your baby or toddler. Please contact your PA for more information
- Access local sexual health services at local GP surgeries, pharmacies or sexual health clinics
- Improve your mental health and physical wellbeing