Youth Opportunity Fund
The Youth Opportunity Fund (YOF) is a pot of funding available to young people, aged 11 to 19 years old, or up to 25 with a disability, who live, go to school or attend a youth provision in Wandsworth.
Young people can apply for up to £4,000 to run a project or activity that will benefit their peers.
The fund is totally youth-led. Young people think of the project ideas, write the bids, present their idea to the YOF Panel and run the projects. They are helped by a supporting organisation.
The bids are also accessed by a group of young people, called the YOF Panel, who decide which projects receive funding.
This year’s themes are based around the Youth Council’s Manifesto: Gender violence, mental health, and climate change.
Round 1 is open for 6 weeks and will close 16 May 2022 at 5pm.
- Funding Factory - Wednesday 27 April and Wednesday 11 May, 3 to 7pm. Contact email@example.com to book a session or sign up online
- Presentation Panel - Monday 30 May from 5.30pm at Training and Resource Centre, Alma Road, SW18 1AQ
Results will be announced 31 May 2022.
Round 2 will open 5 June 2022 and close 29 August 2022 at 5pm.
- Funding Factory - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session
- Presentation Panel - Sessions will be held on the week commencing 5 September 2022
Round 3 will open 3 October 2022 and close 14 November 2022 at 5pm.
- Funding Factory - Wednesday 16 September, 5 to 7.30pm
- Presentation Panel - Sessions will be held on the week commencing 28 November 2022
Interested in applying?
Young Person Panel
We are recruiting a Young Person Panel. The YOF Panel is open to all young people aged 13 to 19 years old, or up to 25 if they have a disability. They must live, work, study or attend a youth provision in Wandsworth. Their role would include running Shortlisting and Presentation Panels, as well as Funding Factories and YOF inspections. Panel members will receive a half day AQA accredited training course to equip them with the skills needed to be a successful member of the YOF Panel.
Get in touch with Jodie Lancashire-Clark, who manages the YOF on the following details:
Phone: 07522 364314