Getting help for domestic violence and abuse
If you need to exit this page quickly, click on an Exit page link to be taken to the BBC website's weather pages. These links are spread throughout this page.
If in an immediate danger, always call 999. For non-emergencies, dial 101.
My Decision gives victims of rape or sexual assault information on the choices available if they feel unsure about reporting to the Police.
Victim Support Wandsworth
Victim Support offers free services that can help victims of any crime to deal with what they have been through. They are commissioned in Wandsworth to provide services to support victims of domestic abuse. Services are available to everyone, whether or not the crime has been reported and regardless of when it happened.
Contact Victim Support Wandsworth:
- Telephone: 020 7801 1777
One Stop Shop
The service is closed until further notice, however you can contact a support worker on 020 7801 1777 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Women and Girls Network
- Sexual Violence Helpline for emotional support and a safe space to talk - Freephone number: 080 8801 0770
- Monday to Friday - from 10am to 12:30pm and from 2:30 to 4pm
- Wednesday evenings - from 6 to 9pm
- Practical support - Freephone number: 080 8801 0660
- Monday to Friday - from 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday evenings - from 6 to 9pm
- Find out more about Women and Girls Network
National Domestic Violence Helpline
This Freephone 24 hour helpline, run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge, is a national service for women experiencing domestic violence. The Helpline can give support, help and information over the telephone. All calls are completely confidential. It offers translation facilities for callers whose first language is not English, and a service for callers who are deaf or hard of hearing is available.
- Telephone: 0808 2000 247
- Website: National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
Injunction or occupation orders
Non-molestation orders and occupation orders are designed to prevent the abuser from assaulting or harassing you and can also prevent them from entering your home.
Find out more information about injunction and occupation orders and how to apply.
Other help and support
- Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141
- Al-Aman Tel: 02085632250 - supports women and girls who have experienced or who are at risk of any of the following forms of abuse perpetrated by partners, ex-partners, or a family members:
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Forced Marriage (FM)
Honour-Based Violence (HBV)
- Asian Women's Resource Centre: 020 8961 6549/5701
- Association of Somali Women and Children (ASWAC) (Based in Battersea): 020 7622 1086
- Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app, providing support and information to those concerned that someone they know is experiencing domestic abuse.
- Available in five languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Polish and Welsh
- A unique UK-wide directory of specialist domestic abuse support services with contact details.
- Questionnaires to assess the safety of a relationship, plus a section on dispelling myths around domestic and sexual abuse
- Links to further resources and information on topics around domestic abuse.
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Chinese Information and Advice Centre: 08453 131 868
- Forced Marriage Unit: 020 7008 0151
- Hourglass: Support for older people who have experienced, or are at risk of, any kind of harm, abuse or exploitation. Helpline 0808 808 8141 open from 9am to 5pm every Monday to Friday.
- Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation: 020 7920 6460
- Karma Nirvana: 0800 5999 247
- National 24hr Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- National Stalking Helpline provides advice and advocacy support to victims of stalking - 0808 802 0300
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre National Helpline: 0800 0288 022
- Safe Spaces - walk into any Boots UK store, Superdrug Pharmacy, Morrisons Pharmacy, or one of the independent pharmacies, go to the healthcare counter and ask to use their Safe Space. The pharmacist will show you to the Safe Space. Once you are inside, all the specialist domestic abuse support information will be available for you to access, and you can make that call safely
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Sharan Project: 0844 504 3231
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444
- Southall Black Sisters
- The Disrespect Nobody
- The Dog Trust Freedom Project
- Women's aid
Revive Housing Scheme specialises in relocating domestic abuse survivors to permanent social housing in a new and safe environment in a different part of the country. This is a service for existing Housing Association and Council tenants.
Free legal advice
- Wandsworth Citizens Advice Bureau: 020 8333 6960 or 0300 330 1169
- Wandsworth Law Centre: 020 8767 2777
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0800 970 2070
- Rights of Women: 020 7251 6577
Drugs and alcohol
- Wandsworth Drug and Alcohol Service: 020 8812 4120
- Drinkaware: 0300 123 1110
- Talk to Frank: 0300 123 6600
Advice for men
Advice for perpetrators
A confidential and anonymous helpline for domestic violence perpetrators looking for help to address their behaviour.