Getting help for domestic violence and abuse

If you need to exit this page quickly, click on an Exit page link to be taken to the BBC website's weather pages. These links are spread throughout this page.

If in an immediate danger, always call 999. For non-emergencies, dial 101.
My Decision 
gives victims of rape or sexual assault information on the choices available if they feel unsure about reporting to the Police.

Victim Support Wandsworth

Victim Support offers free services that can help victims of any crime to deal with what they have been through. They are commissioned in Wandsworth to provide services to support victims of domestic abuse. Services are available to everyone, whether or not the crime has been reported and regardless of when it happened.

Contact Victim Support Wandsworth:

  • Telephone: 020 7801 1777

Exit page 

One Stop Shop

The service is closed until further notice, however you can contact a support worker on 020 7801 1777 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Exit page 

Women and Girls Network

  • Sexual Violence Helpline for emotional support and a safe space to talk - Freephone number:  080 8801 0770
    • Monday to Friday - from 10am to 12:30pm and from 2:30 to 4pm
    • Wednesday evenings - from 6 to 9pm
  • Practical support - Freephone number: 080 8801 0660 
    • Monday to Friday - from 10am to 4pm
    • Wednesday evenings - from 6 to 9pm
  • Find out more about Women and Girls Network

Exit page 

National Domestic Violence Helpline

This Freephone 24 hour helpline, run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge, is a national service for women experiencing domestic violence. The Helpline can give support, help and information over the telephone. All calls are completely confidential. It offers translation facilities for callers whose first language is not English, and a service for callers who are deaf or hard of hearing is available.


Exit page 

Injunction or occupation orders

Non-molestation orders and occupation orders are designed to prevent the abuser from assaulting or harassing you and can also prevent them from entering your home.

Find out more information about injunction and occupation orders and how to apply.

Exit page 

Other help and support

Exit page 

Revive Housing Scheme specialises in relocating domestic abuse survivors to permanent social housing in a new and safe environment in a different part of the country. This is a service for existing Housing Association and Council tenants.

Free legal advice

Drugs and alcohol

Exit page 

Advice for men

Advice for perpetrators

A confidential and anonymous helpline for domestic violence perpetrators looking for help to address their behaviour.

Exit page